CHANNEL LETTERS & LIGHTED WALL SIGNS
Channel Letters are Illuminated Dimensional Signs
Many of the store and restaurant signs you see displayed in commercial areas are channel letters. The reason for this is that the signs are affordable, bright even at night, and they can be customized to meet the needs of nearly any business. Intrepid Signs & Electrical creates high-end letters made of aluminum can frames with acrylic faces.
We Make, Service & Install & Remove Channel Letters
Front Lit channel letters are the most common letter configuration. As the title implies, this letter type emits illumination only from the front (face) of the letters. Front lit letters are also called “standard” channel letters.
Reverse Lit channel letters emit illumination only from the back of the letters. Reverse lit channel letters have sealed faces, and the illumination forms behind these letters. Reverse channel letters are also called “halo lit” letters.
Front/Back Lit letters produce illumination from both the front and back of the letters, giving them a dynamic and dramatic appearance.
Open Face channel letters are tipically clear acrylic faces, covering the beatiful glow of neon.
Mounting Channel Letters
Whatever your choice in channel letter types, they are typically installed two ways:
Flush Mounted: These channels letters are attached directly to the façade of the building. Each letter has 3-5 holes to secure the stud that hold up the letter and the power wire. Installers must be able to access the backside of the installation wall.
Raceway or Wire Way Mounted: Here, the channel letters are affixed to a rectangular structure called a “raceway.” The raceway is then mounted to the building. Raceway mounting has the advantage of drilling fewer holes in the building and less time on installation saving you $.
How does the process work?
- During the concept generation phase we do a site survey to ensure that we understand all the requirements to meet or exceed your local building codes.
- Also we need a copy of your Landlord or Owner’s Association or Deed Restrictions to comply with limitations, some may require that their organization approve our plans prior to submitted to the city.
- After the site survey we will give you an exact price after all that is why we came to survey your building.
- Permitting, most cities are 10 days to 3 weeks wait to receive sign & or electrical permits.
Fabrication only starts after deposit is placed and permit is approved.
- Fabrication has a few variables based on size and complexity but generally takes 2- 3 weeks.
- Installation generally takes place 4-6 weeks after permit is approved & deposit is made.
Send your files to Info@IntrepidSigns.com to further discuss your project.
LIGHTED WALL SIGNS AKA CHANNEL LETTERS
Richmond, Fulshear, Katy, Fulshear, Brookshire, Sealy, Columbus, Brenham, Navasota, Bryan College Station, Spring, Cypress, Jersey Village, The Woodlands, Fair Banks, Conroe, Cleveland, Atascocita, Humble, Huntsville, Livingston, Liberty, Dayton, Baytown, Pasadena, Texas City, League City, Webster, Deer Park, Fresno, Memorial, Rice Village, West Chase, Friendswood, La Porte, Seabrook, Kemah, Angelton, Lake Jackson, Alvin, Bay City, West Columbia, Wharton, El Campo